Women’s Empowerment for Resilience, Inclusion, Sustainability and Environment
WE-RISE! – Women’s Empowerment for Resilience, Inclusion, Sustainability and Environment is an EU-funded project with the objective of building inclusive, sustainable and resilient communities and creating an enabling environment for the economic, social and educational empowerment of women.
The project WE-RISE! is jointly implemented by AICS andUN Women and it is funded by the European Union through the European Union Emergency Trust Fund (EUTF), for stability and addressing root causes of irregular migration and displaced persons in Africa and supporting the democratic transition in Sudan. It aims at creating a conducive environment for the economic empowerment of women living in the most vulnerable situations in Khartoum, Kassala, Gedaref and Red Sea States through microfinance schemes, technical assistance for institutional and policy development and cultural change, in a period of 36 months.
The “Financial Inclusion Scheme Establishment” is a Technical Assistance managed by Microfinanza srl under the Result 1 of the EU funded project WE-RISE!. It will be implemented in coordination with AICS Khartoum during the 22 months of the service contract. MF is asked to enhance access of young women living in vulnerable situations to a more inclusive market system. The general strategy of the project has been organized into six Key Activities:
1. Baseline Assessment: for having a clear understanding of the actual situation, of needs and priorities to be addressed to improve access to finance and social inclusion for the most vulnerable niches of the Sudanese population.
2. Financial and non-financial products development: for the elaboration of a package of inclusive, accessible and gender-sensitive financial and non-financial products for the financial and social inclusion in the target States.
3. Development of innovative health financial mechanisms and schemes: for the design and development of a dedicated financial product linked to health services.
4. Identification of the Fund Manager, the financial providers and technical institutions in charge of products and services delivery: for the identification of the most suitable institution/organization responsible for the management of the WE-RISE! Fund and the selection of local financial and non-financial service providers in charge of the service delivery.
5. Identification of a multilevel governance scheme and definition of a sustainability strategy: for the identification of an overall governance model, the operational scheme and the exit strategy.
6. Definition of Monitoring &Evaluation (M&E) Framework: for the design of a matrix of quantitative and qualitative indicators, to register the progress and results achieved by the project, and the redaction and supervision of the related M&E manual and procedures.
WE-RISE! Smart agro-inputs distribution to save the harvest and the livelihood of sudanese...
WE-RISE! project first steps in Red Sea StateJanuary 2023 - Red Sea State, Sudan Microfinanza has...
How Microfinanza is enhancing Women’s Economic Empowerment in the Red Sea State: revolving funds and financial education to women and youth living in vulnerable conditions.
Microfinanza’s strategy in Sudan is built on over 20 years of experience providing financial...
Pave the way to women’s empowerment November 9th - Khartoum, Sudan The 9th November 2022 marked a...